Teknion will, at no cost to the original purchaser and for as long as the original purchaser owns a Teknion product, repair or replace with a comparable product, at Teknion’s option, any part or product sold after January 1, 1995, which fails as a result of a defect in its design, materials or workmanship. For all purposes of this warranty the term “purchaser” is defined as the entity or individual acquiring a new Teknion product as the initial purchaser thereof either from Teknion or an authorized Teknion Dealer.
Exceptions to this warranty include:
- Teknion warrants its Wood Casegoods products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years, of single-shift service, from the date of delivery;
- Task Lights and grommets, which are warranted for one year from the date of delivery;
- Teknion fabrics and wood veneers, which are warranted for five years from the date of delivery;
- Complements products (excluding Livello, QuickShift, Complements and hiSpace Height Adjustable tables) are warranted for a period of five years, except for lighting products which are warranted for one year, from the date of delivery;
- Electrical components, which are warranted for 10 years from the date of delivery;
- Moving parts, which include glides, slides, casters, user-adjustable worksurface mechanisms, arms, and bases which are warranted for five years from the date of delivery, except for hiSpace Height-Adjustable mechanisms which are warranteed for two years from date of delivery;
- Teknion warrants its seating products based on a single shift (40 hour week). Usage beyond a single shift (40 hour week) will result in a reduction of the warranty in proportion to the increased usage;
- Seating mechanisms for all seating products, unless otherwise stated, are warranted for 10 years of single shift (40 hour week) usage from date of delivery;
- Pneumatic cylinders for all seating products, unless otherwise stated, are warranted for 10 years of single shift (40 hour week) usage from date of delivery;
- Stacking Chairs and related accessories are warranted for five years from the date of delivery;
- ConnexionTM, Savera®XL and Variable® chairs are warranted based on multi-shift usage (24 hours per day, 7 days a week) as follows: –Free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three years –Seating Mechanism and pneumatic cylinders: three years –Moving parts, fabric and foam: two years; For single shift use (40 hour week), Connexion is warranted for 10 years;
- Altos® and OptosTM Full-Height Wall Systems which are warranted for 10 years from the date of delivery;
- The RoutesTM flooring system which is warranted for 10 years from the date of delivery.This warranty does not include:
- Customer’s Own Material or finishes applied to Teknion products (which include graded-in fabrics, which are treated by Teknion as a Customer’s Own Material);
- Natural Wood Veneer which is a natural material and will have shade differences between veneer sheets, which will be more apparent between differing lots and fading on wood veneers that can be caused by exposure to U.V. rays/sunlight;
- Wood color, grain and stain acceptance which may occur due to the natural elements of wood;
- Marble, which is a natural product. Marble’s soft and porous density makes it more vulnerable to damage and chipping;
- Ballast and light bulbs;
- Products which have been modified or which have not been installed or used according to Teknion’s application and installation guidelines or warnings;
- Products that must be replaced due to normal wear and tear, negligence, abuse, accident or shipping damage;
- Products used for rental purposes.
In no event shall Teknion be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages.This warranty is the Customer’s sole remedy for product defect. Teknion makes no warranties, including the express or implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, other than the express warranties contained herein.